It’s Foodie Friday, Minkettes!
(Yes, we made that official. And yes, this will become a regular thing!)
So let’s get to the good stuff…the tuna tartare kind of good stuff. We all love this appetizer, especially in the summer time when we’re looking for something that’s both cool and filling – and of course, delicious.
We were very excited to find an easy Japanese-inspired recipe from Top Chef star Stefan Richter on PopSugar. Check out the easy steps below for recreating his amazingly delicious rendition of the popular small dish, as well as a video tutorial.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chile sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons siracha
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon minced and peeled ginger
- 1 tablespoon Thai curry paste
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 lb. raw sushi-grade tuna
- Chopped cilantro and sesame seeds, to taste
- To make the sauce: combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir well. Heat over high heat until sauce comes to a boil.
- Transfer the sauce to a food processor or blender and carefully blend.
- Pour into a bowl that is set over an ice water bath. Let cool.
- Once the sauce is cool, mix 2 tablespoons of the sauce with the 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Cut the avocado and the tuna into uniform 1/2-inch squares.
- Carefully fold the tuna, avocado, and sauce together. Mix in the chopped cilantro and sesame seeds. Stir and serve.