We have loved all the runway looks and hairstyles from NYFW, but there is something to be said about the classic ponytail. It is a style that is simple yet chic. Thanks to Real Simple, you can learn how to perfect the ponytail whether you have short or long hair – it is a style for all! Recreate our top 3 picks below.
- Blow-dry hair straight and mist with a setting spray to give the style hold.
- Slide in an elastic and work a dab of gel through the ends of the ponytail for texture.
- For a bit more polish, blow out the loose bits in front and sweep them to the side. Spray in place.
- Tease the roots at the crown.
- Loosely gather hair in an elastic just below one earlobe, tying it close to the scalp to give volume on top.
- Camouflage the elastic with a strand of hair from the ponytail and secure it with a bobby pin.
- Part your hair horizontally with a comb from the top of one ear to the other (stick the upper portion in a clip).
- Tie back the bottom half tightly in an elastic just below the crown.
- Unclip the upper section and gather it into another elastic, right above the first one.
- Wrapping a strand of hair from one of the tails around both elastics and securing with a bobby pin.