We have found an amazingly chic hair tutorial for the upcoming Coachella festivities! Because when you are unable to wash your hair on a daily basis, an easy updo is the perfect solution for day or night. Refinery29 gives us a step by step DIY to make our dirty hair look polished and pretty.
1. Start with a dime-sized amount of styling balm in your hands, then run it through your strands.
2. Use fingers to create a messy, deep side-part – lift and scoop your hair at the root as you pull it back to help create extra volume.
3. Starting on the side of your head that has the most hair, roll your hair in towards your head, gathering in more as you go.
4. At your ear, place a pin downwards into the roll to help secure. You want your roll to be volumized and loose.
5. Continue rolling until you get to the nape of your neck, then place another pin at the end of the roll. Repeat on the opposite side.
6. Gather the two loose sections of hair at the back of your head into a ponytail and secure with a hair bungee.
7. Take your ponytail and twist it until it bends upwards into a roll.
8. Continue rolling until all the hair is in the loose chignon, then pin the ends at the base of the neck to hide them and anchor the style.
9. To add a little bit of flair, take a fresh flower and trim the stem so it is about an inch or two long. Take a bobby pin and attach it to the flower, then push the pin into your hair at the base of the chignon.