It’s time to celebrate Memorial Weekend, and nothing says vacation like a fun manicure. We fell in LOVE with a beach ball inspired nail tutorial we found in College Fashion by Samantha, a Georgetown University student. Check out the easy steps below and have fun away this weekend!
- Base coat and top coat
- White, red, blue and yellow nail polish
- Eyeliner brush
- Small rhinestones
- Put on the base coat.
- Paint your entire nail white and let dry for a few minutes before moving on.
- Take one of the three colors and make a dot in the middle of your nail.
- Put some polish on the side of your eyeliner brush and gently drag it in a even stroke from the middle of your nail to the outside, to outline the first triangle. (You could also use scotch tape and a normal brush for really precise lines.) Once you have the outline, it will be easy to fill in with the regular polish brush.
- Repeat step four with all three colors, leaving white triangles between each; think of making six even slices of pie, three white and three in color. This can also be a little tricky, so more on that later!
- After making the last triangle, put a dab of polish in the center where the three triangles meet, and place a rhinestone there to mimic the circle that’s on the top and bottom of beach balls.
- Repeat on all of your nails, then apply a top coat to seal the rhinestones on and make the design last!