After a weekend of sun, we are ready to settle into our apartments with a simple summer dinner to keep it light and healthy in preparation for upcoming weekends at the beach. Maybe we’re thinking too far ahead, but a Minkette must always be ready for the ‘morning after.’ We are so excited to try a Tomato Mozzarella Salad by Bethenny Frankel - one of our favorite multi-talented inspirations.
- 2 fresh ripe red tomatoes
- 2 fresh ripe yellow tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh buffalo mozzarella in water
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh green pesto (can be store bought)
- Core the tomatoes, then cut into ½ inch slices. Slice the mozzarella so you have half as many slices of cheese as tomato slices.
- In one or two rows (depending on the size of your plate serving platter), layer the tomatoes and cheese alternating a slice of red tomato, a slice of cheese, and a slice of yellow tomato.
- Arrange the basil leaves over the tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle the entire salad with pesto.