When we were kids, one of our favorite desserts was the simple yet delicious Hershey’s s’more. Obviously, NYC has no space for campfires to recreate the past, so we were thrilled to find a recipe for S’mores Cookie Bars by Kim of Lovin’ From My Oven. It is such an easy recipe to recreate and can be done in the oven! Check out the steps below and get cooking.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 king-sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and beat in egg and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt, and add to butter mixture mixing at a low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Place chocolate bars over dough.
- Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff.
- Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.