After Rebecca Minkoff’s interview with Thread NY, we all know her favorite summer treat is mint chip ice cream. Inspired by her summertime indulgence, we scoured the Internet for some mint chip recipes to satiate our craving. Beth + Elizabeth must have read our minds because we found an amazing Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe on their site. It’s easy, quick and looks delicious. We can’t wait to get our bake on! Check out the recipe below.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 6 to 8 drops green food color
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creme de menthe baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms.
3. Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks.
4. Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.