This past Friday, Rebecca’s feminine-meets-tomboy Spring/Summer ’13 muse came to life on the runway, channeling the spirit of the glamorous yet relaxed style of Slim Aarons’ poolside photography of the 60s and 70s.
To complement Rebecca Minkoff’s Spring 2013 Collection, TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu created an undone, sophisticated look featuring matte, beachy waves and polished, sleek ends. Want to get the look? Just follow the steps below!
1. Start by applying TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray and TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse throughout the hair and power dry with fingers for texture.
2. Smooth out ends with a Mason Pearson brush.
3. Take random sections of hair and using a 1” barrel curling iron, create curls through the mid-lengths, making sure to leave the ends out.
4. Use the flat iron to straighten ends and give the beachy texture a polished finish.
5. Spray lightly with TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo for a matte look.
6. Create a middle part with a comb and finish with a dime size amount of TRESemmé Smooth & Silky Anti-Frizz Secret Crème to fingertips, raking through the hair from roots to ends.
If you’re like us, you’re constantly looking for ways to update your hair – especially now that Fashion Week is coming up! We’ve been obsessed with big, chic buns lately, so we had to DIY a hair accessory to take it one step further. We found some edgy studs at M&J Trimming, and we knew a studded bun cuff was in order. Simply pull your hair into a voluminous sock bun, wrap your cuff around, and show off your updated ‘do! Just follow the steps below.
1. Gather your supplies. You’ll need:
2. Trim your leather trim to your desired length. You may want to put your hair in a bun first, and then measure the leather. On one end of the leather, sew one side of the metal closure in place. Flip the leather over, then sew the other side of the metal closure in place on the other end.
3. Using your metal hole punch, create 10 evenly distributed holes in the leather trim. You may want to mark them first with a pencil.
4. Unscrew the studs. Push a screw through one of the holes, then screw the stud in place on top.
5. Continue to secure the rest of the studs in the trim by screwing them through the holes.
6. You’re all done! Simply create your bun, then wrap the studded cuff around it and clasp in place.
Rachel Bilson could easily take the cake for one of the most influential style icons of our generation. Setting fashion trends left and right and launching her own visionary footwear line with ShoeMint, Rachel’s influence doesn’t stop with fashion – recently she rocked a “faux bob” hair style on the red carpet, proving that a girl doesn’t need to get a drastic chop at the salon to look like she took off a few inches. With the summer heat still going strong and always in need of a way to mix it up, us Minkettes are digging this easy and ‘cool’ solution to summer hair. Just follow the tutorial below from Style Noted to get started!
Photo: Style Noted
Step 1: Towel dry hair to damp. Apply styling whip from roots to ends.
Step 2: Use a comb to create a deep side part, then blowdry hair with a paddle brush.
Step 3: On the side of the part that has less hair, apply hair gel, and use the comb to slick it back behind the ears.
Step 4: Loosely gather the hair on the other side of the part, and pull it back behind the head. Pull together both sides into a low, messy bun, and pin in place. Make sure the gelled side is pulled tightly into the bun, while the other side is loose and carefree.
Step 5: Tug a little bit on the loose side to create a low swoop. Randomly pull out a few strands of hair for a messy faux-bob.
It’s no secret that we love ABC’s Pretty Little Liars, not only because the show keeps us in suspense but also because the girls have amazing style rocking Rebecca Minkoff as often as possible – not that we blame them. Recently one of the stars, Troian Bellisario, stunned on the red carpet of the Teen Choice Awards. We loved her simple yet beautiful side-swept, cascading waves. As always, our favorite stylists from Arrojo recreated the look in five easy steps on Style Noted. P.S. – In case you missed it, check out the Pretty Little Liars + Rebecca Minkoff photo gallery and Twitter giveaway!
Step #1: Towel dry hair to damp and apply styling whip.
Step #2: Use a comb to create a deep side part.
Step #3: Blowdry hair with a large round brush.
Step #4: Begin curling medium-sized pieces of hair with a large barrel curling iron. Keep curling the entire head.
Step #5: Brush through the curls to create loose waves.
A girl can never go wrong with the classic ponytail. Whether you’re going to work, brunch or running errands, it’s the perfect daytime look. It’s always fun to give the classics a twist, and for inspiration we’re looking to Olivia Wilde who added a banded style to her chic ponytail. Check out the easy steps below to recreate Olivia’s new ‘do thanks to the style gurus of Style Noted.
Step #1: Towel dry hair to damp.
Step #2: (IF YOU HAVE BANGS) Separate bangs with a comb, and blowdry straight down for a sleek, smooth look.
Step #3: Blowdry the rest of your hair using your hands to create volume.
Step #4: Pull hair back and gather into a high ponytail.
Step #5: Secure with an elastic.
Step #6: To create the banded effect, place a clear elastic every 1 inch down the ponytail. Then gently pull out each section a bit to get more body.
Photo: Style Noted