How cool is this knotted bun from Oh So Pretty The Diaries? We have been looking for a simple knot bun tutorial for a while now, and this one hits the spot. See the instructions below.
1. Put your hair in a high ponytail.
2. Loosely braid your hair.
3. Flip your braid over the top of your head and pin it in place directly above the top of your ponytail.
4. Roll the end of the braid back and inward towards the ponytail.
5. Pin the braid down underneath your hair elastic.
6. Add more pins to hold the bun in place and you’re all set!
Brigitte Bardot has always had a spot on our list of style icons, so we are crushing hardcore on this Bardot-inspired half-updo from Everything Fabulous. We are happy to know that it is possible to create a ladylike pouf without venturing into Snooki territory. Check out directions below.
1. Curl the hair below your ears with a large-barrel curling iron.
2. Part your hair down the middle.
3. Spritz your roots with hairspray, starting halfway down the part.
4. Use a fine tooth comb to tease the hair you just sprayed.
5. Smooth the teased hair with a brush and bring the sides up into a half-ponytail.
6. Pin the sides in place. All done!
We are already getting in the mood for summer, so this tutorial for beachy waves really hits the spot. The girls over at A Beautiful Mess shared their simple directions, check them out below!
1. Part your hair into 3 sections.
2. Start curling each section at a time. Clasp the straightener to your hair and curl it outwards. Release when you’ve turned your hand as far as possible.
3. Bring the straightener back to where you left off and repeat.
4. Curl each section into one large curl.
5. Gently run your fingers through your hair. All done!
The topknot has been a staple in the fashion community for quite some time now with bloggers like Denni of Chic Muse and Kimberly of Eat.Sleep.Wear. rocking their signature high buns on a daily basis. We are constantly on the hunt for a great top bun tutorial, and we finally found one over at StyleNoted. Check it out below!
1. Use a flat brush to smooth hair into a ponytail.
2. Tilt your head back while securing with an elastic to avoid sag at the nape.
3. Twist the ends into knot and fasten with hair pins.
4. Rub surface with hands to loosen some pieces and create texture.
5. Mist holding spray over the top knot to ensure it lasts day and night.