The weekend is officially here and it’s time for a Friday night-o-fun. While choosing your outfit can often times be a laborious process of trying on everything in your closet, choosing the right hair style can be equally as daunting. So, to help inspire your Friday night getting ready / pre-party, we’ve selected our favorite five hair trends for summer to top off your look!
#1. Ponytail with a Braid – Simple and chic, this look is a go-to for day or night.
Photo: via Pinterest
#2. Beach Waves – Always a winner for summer, beachy waves never go out of style and look gorge on everyone!
#3. Pastel Ombre – Obviously you won’t be dying your hair tonight (or maybe you will), but we’re loving this pastel ombre trend right now. And guess what, you can create this look temporarily with chalks! Click here to learn how!
#4. The Fishtail Braid – From the runway to real way, the fishtail braid is a go-to look for instant sophisticated-meets-bohemian style.
Photo: via The Fancy
#5. The Top Knot – Isn’t it funny how throwing your hair up in a bun after a late night or a long day can somehow become the hottest trend to hit fashion? The top knot is a no-fail look, especially on a hot summer nights.
We have been searching for the perfect pair of summer cutoffs, and finally we just decided to make them ourselves! We grabbed an old pair of shorts, supplies from M&J Trimming and added a feminine touch with a few pieces of lace. It only takes 3 simple steps – so try it yourself by following our steps below.
1. Cut a triangle out of your shorts that is roughly the shape of the lace. Make sure you cut the triangle exactly on the side seam.
2. Cut out a piece of lace in your desired size. You don’t have to use all of the trim – feel free to cut off the edges to get the right shape! Then pin the lace in place on top of the shorts.
3. Thread your needle, tie a knot at the end of the thread, and start sewing the lace to your shorts, pulling the needle in and out. Make sure you sew both the inner and outer edges. Once you have sewn it all down, tie a few knots where you finish, cut off the rest of the thread, and you’re all set. Now show off your shorts!
Us Minkettes always love a good arm party, and what better way to get it started than with a little DIY bracelet making! With supplies from M&J Trimming, we created this rhinestone and suede wrap as a festive addition to a stack of bracelets. This project is so simple that you can make a bunch for yourself or your friends too – just follow our tutorial below. And while you’re at it, snap a pic of your masterpiece and how you styled it, then send to us via Twitter at #RMDIY!
1. Take one of the pieces of suede trim and pull the end through the metal closure. Hold it in place by tying a knot around the suede with the cord.
2. Begin wrapping the cord around the suede.
3. Once you have wrapped the cord around a few times, place the rhinestone trim on top of the suede trim. Continue wrapping the cord around, this time wrapping it over the rhinestone trim to hold it in place.
4. Keep wrapping until you reach the end of the trim, or until it is long enough to fit around your wrist. Like you did at the beginning, bring the end of the suede through the other side of the metal closure and wrap the cord around to hold it in place. Tie a knot to keep it secure. Then repeat the process to create the second strand. Now you’re ready to wear your bracelet!
It’s a known fact that Jessica Alba is perpetually stylish even when she’s just casually strolling the streets of Cali. The gorgeous mom of two recently rocked her Rebecca Minkoff Diamond Tote for an everyday look, color-blocking this season’s hot shades of mint and neon peach. We love having a carry-all for all of our summer necessities, and the lightweight straw tote is not only eye-catching but conveniently pocketed for all of our must-haves. We wonder what Jessica Alba carries in her RM Diamond Tote (hopefully some RM sunnies!). If you’re rocking a RM tote this summer, tell us what’s in your bag!