We’ve decided it’s “Tipsy” Tuesday just so we can cheer on our favorite athletes with cocktails from across the pond. Since London is famous for its beer, we’re excited to recreate the Food Network’s Giada De Laurentii‘s ginger-peach beer cooler. The sweet nectar is not only easy to create but amazing to toast to our victories!
- 3 12-ounce bottles chilled beer, light or mild, such as Modelo Especial
- 3 cups (24 ounces) chilled peach nectar, such as bottled R.W. Knudsen brand or canned peach nectar
- 2 fresh peaches, pitted and cut into wedges or 5-ounces frozen peach slices, thawed
- 3/4 cup Ginger Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup sugar
- One 4-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into 1/4-inch piece
- Place 1/2 cup water, the sugar and ginger in a small saucepan.
- Bring the syrup to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Let the syrup cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Strain before using.
- Combine the beer, peach nectar, peaches and syrup in a large pitcher.
- Stir to blend.
- Serve immediately.