With so many of our Minkettes headed to Coachella, we wanted to share a hippie chic DIY that would be perfect for the music festival. We think chain headpieces are going to be huge at Coachella, so why not learn how to make one yourself? We used supplies from M&J Trimming, and Nicole from Running in Wedges rocked our finished version for us. See our instructions below and try it out for this weekend!
- 1 yard of chain
- jump rings
- charm or stone
- Gather your supplies. If you don’t have jump rings, you can remove a few links from a chain with pliers and use them as a substitute.
- Use the pliers to separate the chain into three separate pieces. Each piece should be about 10-12 inches, depending on how loose you want your headpiece to be.
- Attach one end of each chain together with a jump ring.
- Do the same thing with the other ends of each chain, so all three chains are connected on both ends.
- Use one more jump ring to attach a charm to one of the ends of the chains. Drape over your head and you are ready for Coachella!