Happy Fourth of July, Minkettes! We’ve been feeling rather festive over here at RM, so we teamed up with M&J Trimming to bring you an Independence Day DIY: stars and stripes denim cut-offs!
- a pair of jean shorts
- 2 feet of blue ribbon with white stars
- 2 feet of red and white striped ribbon
- Unique Stitch glue
1. Lay the starred ribbon over the top of the back pocket of your shorts, then cut it so it perfectly fits across the top of the pocket. Cut another piece of the same size. While the starred ribbon is still placed at the top of the pocket, place the striped ribbon underneath and cut it so it fits across the middle of the pocket. Cut another piece of the same size. Use the same process to create two bottom strips of the starred ribbon.
2. Flip the top piece of the starred ribbon over and add some glue to the back. Place it on the top of the back pocket and press down while glue dries.
3. Continue to glue down the other pieces of ribbon, making sure you have a starred piece at the top, then a striped piece, then another starred piece. Do this for both pockets.
4. Let the glue dry, and you’re all set!
Go for the full “patriotic-chic” look by pairing your new shorts with a simple white blouse and a bright red Mini M.A.C.