We can’t get enough of the neon trend. Actually, we can’t get enough of the lace trend either! So we decided to combine our two favorites into one awesome DIY. With a simple pair of thrift store oxfords and supplies from our go-to craft store M&J Trimming, we created these perfect-for-fall lace and neon kicks. The lace adds a girly touch, while the neon keeps it fresh and trendy. Follow our instructions below to make them yourself!
1. Remove the laces from your oxfords. You’re going to glue the lace on the shoe in sections, so cut a piece of lace that will roughly cover one section of the shoe. Follow the basic oxford outlines to create the sections. Liberally apply Unique Stitch glue to the first section, then place your lace on top.
2. Use your scissors to trim the lace into the desired shape. It should follow the basic lines of the shoe – this is the easiest way to create each section.
3. Continue to cover the shoe with sections of lace until the entire shoe is covered. Let dry.
4. Pull your neon cord through the holes to create laces.
5. Begin adding your neon studs wherever desired. Simply place a drop of E6000 glue on the shoe, then place the stud on top. Continue to do this for each stud. We chose to follow the natural lines of the shoe, but you could put your studs anywhere you like.
6. Finish studding the shoe – then you’re all done! Let it dry and you’re ready to show off your new kicks.