To Die For DIY: Pom Pom Shorts
Now that summer is winding down, and we’re in the mood for a new shorts style to transition us from denim cut-offs to fall. When we spotted this pom-pom trim at M&J Trimming, we knew it would look adorable on a simple pair of shorts, so we whipped up this simple DIY. Follow our instructions below to create your own pair!
1. Gather your supplies. You’ll need:
2. Cut your pom-pom trim in half so you have two long pieces. Lay the shorts down and flatten them out. Along the bottom hem, begin applying a thin line of glue. Make sure you stay close to the bottom of the shorts so the pom-poms can dangle down.
3. After you’ve applied a few inches of glue, lay the pom-pom trim directly on top and press down firmly. Continue to repeat this process, applying a few inches of glue, and then adding the trim on top. You’ll have to rotate the shorts in order to go all the way around, so make sure the glue is fairly dry first.
4. When you’ve added trim all the way around the bottom of one side, snip of the excess trim and wait a few minutes for it to dry. Use the same process to add trim to the other side of the shorts.
5. You’re all set! Now you’re ready to show off your new shorts.