To Die For DIY: Studded Bun Cuff
If you’re like us, you’re constantly looking for ways to update your hair – especially now that Fashion Week is coming up! We’ve been obsessed with big, chic buns lately, so we had to DIY a hair accessory to take it one step further. We found some edgy studs at M&J Trimming, and we knew a studded bun cuff was in order. Simply pull your hair into a voluminous sock bun, wrap your cuff around, and show off your updated ‘do! Just follow the steps below.
1. Gather your supplies. You’ll need:
2. Trim your leather trim to your desired length. You may want to put your hair in a bun first, and then measure the leather. On one end of the leather, sew one side of the metal closure in place. Flip the leather over, then sew the other side of the metal closure in place on the other end.
3. Using your metal hole punch, create 10 evenly distributed holes in the leather trim. You may want to mark them first with a pencil.
4. Unscrew the studs. Push a screw through one of the holes, then screw the stud in place on top.
5. Continue to secure the rest of the studs in the trim by screwing them through the holes.
6. You’re all done! Simply create your bun, then wrap the studded cuff around it and clasp in place.