What hair styles are “in style” change just as often as the seasons, so we asked the experts at TRESemme to help us get ahead of the curve with this fall’s top hair trends. Check out five styles to try below.
1. Sleek refined ponytails: We can never get enough of it! The trick to this style is to get your hair as sleek and polished as possible. Make sure to blow dry with a boar bristle brush and attach a nozzle on your blowdryer. Try using TRESemmé Split Remedy Leave In Conditioning Treatment to help tame your fly aways.
2. Bouffants: Brigitte Bardot made this look iconic and it’s made a comeback on the runways! To make this look effortless, always blow dry with your head upside down and let gravity do the work. I like to use lots of TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Mousse. To build the shape, invest in a teasing brush instead of using a comb, it gives you lighter, movable texture and your overall hair style won’t look too contrived.
3. Au Natural: I have been seeing more women embracing their natural tresses and loving it! The important thing here is to make sure you keep your ends healthy by getting frequent trims and always use some type of product to “enhance” your texture, i.e. dry shampoo, leave-in conditioner or smoothing serums.
4. Braids: A perfect way to wear second-day hair and can be worked into any type of style. Try applying a small amount of styling creme to the tips of your fingers to help control your sections, and remember they don’t have to be perfect! They look so much cooler when they are undone.
5. Under cuts: Seems like everyone has been buzzing off their hair (even Miley has caught on!). It gives you edge and can also get rid of unwanted thickness or weight. Afraid of a drastic change? Try dutch braiding your hair at the nape and releasing the top section of hair.